Woodchuck’s has proudly brought quality furniture to Northeast Florida for over 40 years. We are looking for sales associates, design professionals, and inventory specialists who bring passion and dedication to everything they do.
Do you have experience in sales, design, furniture delivery, or warehouse management and enjoy fostering product education and creativity in a fun and stress-free environment? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Woodchuck’s is an equal opportunity workplace. As a company, we offer competitive wages and benefits commensurate with experience and position. Perks of joining us include:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Company-paid health insurance
- Matching 401K
- Training opportunities
- And more!
Under direct supervision of the Store/Sales Manager, will perform the duties of Sales Associate by assisting in achieving the budgeted written and delivered goals; will attain own personal sales goals as set by Ownership; Sales associates at Woodchuck’s Furniture are expected to perform the function of helping our customers achieve their comfort goals by implementing all aspects of our selling strategy; will prepare reports and attend sales meetings when required: will assist with solutions to customer complaints as well as personnel concerns; will enforce company policies and procedures while adhering to Woodchuck’s Furniture policies and procedures and will complete various related tasks required by the General Manager and Store/Sales Manager for the smooth and proper operation of Woodchuck’s Furniture:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- You are expected to arrive on time for each shift and leave when all required work tasks are completed as soon after the end of shift as possible.
- Review daily checklist for opening and closing of the store.
- Greet customers by welcoming them to the store and engaging them.
- Use sales techniques to assist customers in finding comfort needs.
- Assist/handle customer complaints when required.
- Follow up with all customers to insure a high level of satisfaction.
- Enter all of your sales in PROFIT systems in computers provided on the sales floor in such a manner that errors are minimal and customers are not kept waiting.
- Enter all service call request in PROFIT systems.
- Schedule deliveries for customers.
- Maintain an up to date, high level of product knowledge.
- Keep open communications with all sales staff and departments within Woodchuck’s Furniture by personal contact or use of e-mail or Inter Office Communication Memo.
- Assist in training new sales personnel.
- Maintain personal sales goals as determined by Store/Sales Manager.
- Will comply with company policies as outlined in the Woodchuck’s Furniture Employee Manual.
- Will adhere to company guidelines in performance of duties.
- May provide specified services in locations remote to the main store, as appropriate to the objectives and requirements of the individual position
- Maintain position Procedure Manual in current and updated form at all times.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information
- Ethics – Treats people with respect
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma with a two-year degree or certificate in business and a minimum of 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, as practiced in a retail furniture store
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of procedures and documentation related to retail furniture industry
- Ability to operate a computerized business management system
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, training and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Records maintenance skills
- Knowledge of retail furniture sales procedures, systems and standards
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is normally performed in a typical sales/office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Limited exposure to physical risk