Woodchuck’s has proudly brought quality furniture to Northeast Florida for over 40 years. We are looking for sales associates, design professionals, and inventory specialists who bring passion and dedication to everything they do.
Do you have experience in sales, design, furniture delivery, or warehouse management and enjoy fostering product education and creativity in a fun and stress-free environment? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Woodchuck’s is an equal opportunity workplace. As a company, we offer competitive wages and benefits commensurate with experience and position. Perks of joining us include:
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Company-paid health insurance
- Matching 401K
- Training opportunities
- And more!
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Woodchuck’s General Manager, provides coordination, leadership, and training of the warehouse and delivery staff conducting the activities which include receiving, pick-ups and deliveries, warehouse stocking, merchandise transfers, furniture preparation and repair, warehouse cleanliness and various related tasks required for the smooth and proper operation of Woodchuck’s Furniture. Must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with all other company departments and attend scheduled management meetings and relay all pertinent information to warehouse and delivery staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Always arrange and maintain the warehouse for maximum efficiency
- Daily efficient scheduling and supervision of department personnel to ensure coverage of all key activities within the warehouse
- Supervision of merchandise preparation for delivery and pick-up
- Daily review of inventory reports to ensure proper disposition of returned and/or damaged merchandise
- Supervision of merchandise receiving and transporting to designated area
- Supervision of merchandise inspection and minor repairs Supervision of all delivery preparation, scheduling, and routing.
- Supervision and documentation of all truck maintenance.
- Ensuring the security of all company assets including vehicles, equipment, inventory, and cash.
- Coordination of the implementation and management of a barcoding system to enable efficiencies in receiving, picking, transferring, and physical inventories.
- Supervision of regular cycle counts of the warehouse inventory. Liaison with employees, managers, vendors, customers, and trucking companies, as required in the resolution of issues that might arise
- Hold daily “Standing Five” warehouse staff meetings (5 Minute Pre-Start Meeting) Conduct annual reviews of the warehouse staff
- Establish and monitor monthly goals reflecting customer satisfaction with pick-ups and deliveries preparation of reports required by management as the need arises
- Attendance and participation in company management meetings
- May provide back-up and assistance to other warehouse staff, as appropriate to individual position objectives and requirements
- May provide specified services in locations remote to the central warehouse, as appropriate to the objectives and requirements of the individual position
- Will comply with company policies.
- Will communicate either in person, by email, or Inter-Office Communication Memo, any problem(s) that may affect other departments or staff members.
- Always maintain Procedures Manual in current and updated form Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, as practiced in a retail furniture distribution center. Must have proper licensure for the operation of delivery vehicles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to coordinate with and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Records maintenance skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Knowledge of retail furniture warehousing and delivery procedures, systems, and standards
- Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical effort required by the performance of warehouse tasks Must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, and ability to adjust focus Required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl Required to walk and climb or balance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year