- Add Warmth with Fall Tones: Switch out your light and airy summer colors with warm fall tones that set the cozy, festive scene and reflect the colors of nature. When it comes to decorating for the fall it’s all about experimenting with rich hues. Try adding shades of orange and brown, and consider mixing patterns and textures to create an inviting place.
- Texturized Pillows and Throws: Accessorize your living space with by switching out your throws and pillows for chunkier, more texturized pieces. This creates a warmer, more comfortable environment for when the temperature starts to drop.
- Bring the Outside In: Cooler weather months are typically a time when natural vegetation goes dormant for the season, so just think about the warm effect that plants can have on a space. Check that it’s the right type of plant for your room and that it gets ample amounts of light and water to thrive.
- Create a Rustic Wonderland: Create a room that is fit for fall gatherings. This can be created by mixing wood finishes and tones, like rustic ceiling beams, hardwood floors, and a handcrafted dining table.
- Furniture for Entertaining: Whether it’s around the holidays or during the cold weather months, any guests that you host are likely to congregate indoors, not outdoors. That said, make sure you have ample furniture options to accommodate your company. Options like ottomans and stools are both chic and comfortable, and they certainly are a much more inviting seating choice than a steel folding chair.
Mar 16, 2023